Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 2 : Where you'd like to be in 10 years.

Hmmm this is a pretty easy one since I already know what I am going to do for my retirement…. which yes, I plan to do within 10 years. I am going to be living in Alaska! I want to get atleast 40-50 acres of land just a little ways outside of town so in the winter I can still go get what I need when the heavy snow starts falling. No I do not want to live way the hell out in the boonies ;) Yes I do know it will be cold! That’s what my family will be doing within the next 10 years and since I have all boys, I have a ton of free labor to build my cabin!

To do this, I need to have some serious money saved up and that’s what I am working on right now. I did have a pretty good sized bank account a couple of years ago but I wiped it completely out paying off my second house in full so I am having to start back from scratch which is definitely taking some work but I don’t mind the challenge. I’ll also be able to rent this house out for a pretty good paycheck every month to help my expenses in Alaska. I already sold my first house and they will be making their last payment on it in January 2013. I just have to save up enough to live on and enough to buy a nice RV to live in while we are building our house. The RV has to obviously be big enough for 2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 kids, and 2 adults so I’m not talking about something you pull behind a truck….lol!

Anyways, that’s my plan for the next 10 years! Hustle hustle hustle and get the hell out of Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment