Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 4 : Your views on religion

This is always a touchy subject amongst people, especially online. I am going to write about it anyways.

My views on religion are pretty much non-existent. If I had to say I was some kind of religion, I wouldn’t know what to say. I guess I would say that I am spiritual but I am not religious. I don’t know what I believe exactly but I don’t believe that there is some magical figure in the sky that can snap his fingers and create Earth and people and shit like that. I do believe that there is *something* out there and I do believe that there is some sort of afterlife. After all, it has been proven that every human has an electric energy inside them and it has to go somewhere at death, it doesn’t just disappear so obviously we do go on after death. I just don’t believe in the god that Christians believe in and I don’t fully support Christianity because most Christians are nothing more than hippocratic bible thumping conservative assholes. Not all of them, but most of them. Living in Texas I see the full extent of this and I hate it.

Besides that, every since religion became widespread the world has turned to shit. There has been more wars caused because of religion than any other reason at all. The most heinous crimes have been committed because of religion. I just don’t think religion does anything for anybody. Religion causes so many problems because people do not understand it. I found this while I was researching the subject, this is a quote from a spiritual writer named Klienwachter….

"Religion is not spirituality, it is man’s attempt to explain spirituality. It is observable, what religion has done for us. You need not take my word. You can read about it in the paper any day of the week. It has not served us well. If fact it has down right, failed us miserably. It is not working for us any more today, than it did thousands of years ago. It certainly has not brought us peace on earth. It has divided man from man, man from women, man from his environment and man from God."

I mean how much more true could this be? Anyways, that’s about all I have to say about it. I am certainly not against anybody who believes in any religion and people can believe in whatever they want. I just don’t bother myself with it because it does nothing but cause problems in the world and I want no part in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment